Trent is leaving...
"Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house - he's lost his entire house - there's going to be a fantastic house, and I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch."
NBC News has learned that Trent Lott's in the midst of informing close allies that he plans to resign his senate seat before the end of the year. It's possible a formal announcement of his plans could take place as early as today.
Details on this very big news as the day unfolds I am sure. I am hoping that perhaps we can all call our congresspersons again this week, or visit their offices in your home districts respectfully, to remind them of the Article II, Section 4 of the United States Constitution:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Let's make George's wish our desire. Let's give him time to go sit with Trent on that porch.
The following is partial list of reasons you may incorporate into your letter, phone call, or actual visit. From Democrats.com: Iraq
* Invading Iraq without any threat to the U.S.
* Lying about Iraqi WMD's to Congress and the American people
* Causing the deaths of over 2,000 U.S. troops and the maiming of over 10,000 more
* Failing to provide adequate equipment and armor to U.S. troops
* Allowing illegal torture and murder of prisoners
* Causing the deaths of 100,000 Iraqi civilians
* Spending $300 billion in just two years for an occupation that could last for decades
* Letting Halliburton steal billions through no-bid contracts
* Using vast quantities of depleted uranium weapons that will poison Iraq now and for generations to come;
* Ignoring countless warnings of an attack in the U.S.
* Letting Osama Bin Laden escape from Afghanistan
* Holding no bureaucrat accountable for ignoring warnings
* Delaying and obstructing the 911 Commission investigation
* Turning Afghanistan into the world's largest opium producer;
* Allowing international terrorism incidents to quadruple and trying to cover up the facts
* Failing to secure our borders and ports to prevent terrorism
* Letting terrorists buy high-powered weapons inside the U.S.
* Letting North Korea build nuclear bombs and missiles that can cross the Pacific Ocean
* Refusing to shut down Pakistan's nuclear weapons exports;
* Letting gasoline prices double at devastating cost to the economy while oil companies make record profits
* Letting corrupt companies like Enron steal billions from consumers and employees
* Adding trillions to the national debt, which our children and grandchildren will have to pay off with interest;
* Letting bureaucrats wiretap Americans without a court order
* Locking up suspects for years without charges or trials
* Arresting nonviolent protesters at Bush events
* Ordering federal courts to interfere in the Terri Schiavo tragedy
* Stealing the Presidential elections of 2000 and 2004
* Refusing to investigate the disenfranchisement of tens of thousands of voters in Florida and Ohio
* Promoting black-box electronic voting machines without paper trails
* Embracing dictators in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Russia, and China
* Overthrowing democratically-elected leaders in Haiti and Venezuela;
* Illegally "outing" CIA agent Valerie Plame, an important anti-terrorism official
* Letting a gay male prostitute (Jeff Gannon) roam free in the White House
* Paying journalists to give favorable coverage to the administration
* Going AWOL from the Texas Air National Guard in 1972 and covering it up ever since
* Defending the most corrupt Member of Congress (Tom DeLay)
This list is partial, and even partisan. But the reality is we have a full blown assault on the Constitution of the United States of America, which as of this writing, is the world's oldest "still in use" Constitution. Hard to believe, I know. To me that shows the fragility and the rareness of our nation and our rule of law. Let's tell our elected officials that we love our country, and we need to have this American course corrected. It is more important than politics, as some would have us believe. IF the President of the United States , who swore to unhold the constitution (under OATH
) won't do it, we, the people must, in order to 'achieve a more perfect union', as they say...
So yes, it is Monday. I put out some leftover Apple and Pumpkin Pie this morning. I sent the [im]Peach Pie to my representative's office... The espresso is on (and the home made whip cream tastes delish on top! Hang in there, Today is Cyber Monday
so start your shopping from the comfort of your office chair!
See you inside...