About Us
Mission Statement
Rules of Conduct
 
Name:
Pswd:
Remember Me
Register
 

SS Trumptanic
Author: BobR    Date: 10/12/2016 13:33:00

The RMS Titanic was a tremendous ship - tremendous... It was made to be unsinkable - only loser ships sink, everybody says that. It set sail April 10, 1912 with the very best people on board, believe me, believe me...

Four days later, though, it hit an iceberg. The iceberg could have been named "Hillary", or "Pussy", or any other name - we'll never know. Nonetheless - the "unsinkable" Titanic went down, supposedly with the band playing, taking the upper crust of society with it.

It seems the tRump campaign has been taking on a lot of water lately. Some of the breaches came from out of the blue, like the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape. A lot, though, seem to be self-inflicted. He has declared that "the shackles are off", and is waging a battle with the party that has provided him the opportunity to run for president (*cough*BernieSanders*cough*). When he should be fighting the Democratic candidate, and trying to garner support, he's doing battle with House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Other leading Republicans are abandoning him in droves. John McCain is one of the latest, but there are plenty of others:
Fallout in response to the candidate's comments is growing in the Republican ranks. Among those calling for Trump to withdraw as the party's nominee are Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo, Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, Utah Sen. Mike Lee, South Dakota Sen. John Thune and conservative radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt. Some, such as Sasse and Flake, were never supporting the nominee, and Hewitt only announced in June that he was backing Trump.

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, Alabama Rep. Martha Roby, Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo, Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Virginia Rep. Barbara Comstock are among those who have announced they could not back their party's nominee following the release of the videotaped comments.
[...]
Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz told Fox 13 News "I'm out," during an interview Friday. "I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine.”

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert also said he will not vote for Trump. "Donald Trump's statements are beyond offensive & despicable. While I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton, I will not vote for Trump," he tweeted.


Data Analysis site FiveThirtyEight currently has Clinton with an 86.5% chance of winning, to tRump's 13.5%. She is leading in the most populous states, while tRump leads in sparsely populated states with people who like a candidate who speaks on their level. tRump has managed to alienate women, non-whites, and non-Christians, leaving essentially old white men (and self-haters of the various other demographic groups) as his remaining sycophants.

That doesn't mean everyone else is voting for Clinton. Some will vote for Gary Johnson (who gives stoners a bad name), and fewer still will vote for Jill Stein (who gives doctors a bad name), and some will abstain or write-in someone else.

There's nothing set in stone, of course, but at this point it seems inevitable that the SS Trumptanic will end up at the bottom of the murky ocean of political history. Hopefully, he'll remain there for as long as the Titanic rested in its watery grave.

25 comments (Latest Comment: 10/13/2016 07:51:56 by livingonli)
   Perma Link

Share This!

Furl it!
Spurl
NewsVine
Reddit
Technorati