For now, I ask that you read this update to this post
I wrote on Monday. I am posting updates here as well as in my original post. UPDATE 1:
Someone in Virginia appears to have been caught destroying voter registrations forms
. Ironically, the origin of my original blog was because a friend had serious questions regarding absentee voter registration forms that were being sent around her area.
In Virginia, Voter registration forms and absentee ballots do not requite a party affiliation. There will be more to this story to come. I have pictures of the GOP absentee Voter ballot applications. The only firm in this Commonwealth that was paid by the GOP to do such a service was Strategic Allied Consulting. They were fired by the State Republican Party in the beginning of October. Who was in control of this disposed folder of filled out voter registration forms?
And NBC affiliate in Charlottesville is reporting that an investigation is being launched
.UPDATE 2: TPM reports:
UPDATE 3: BlueNC Blog updates:
Colin Small, a 31-year-old resident of Phoenixville, Pa., worked for Pinpoint, a company hired to register voters on behalf of the Republican Party of Virginia. Prosecutors charged him with four counts of destruction of voter registration applications, eight counts of failing to disclose voter registration applications and one count of obstruction of justice.
Colin Small, a 31-year-old resident of Phoenixville, Pa., worked for Pinpoint, a company hired to register voters on behalf of the Republican Party of Virginia.
UPDATE 4: BradBlog
Update #3, 10/11:
Issue Advocacy Partners has surfaced in Baton Rouge, LA on Craigslist: Market researchers wanted (Baton Rouge). Also in various swing states job listings continue for the same kinds of Republican outreach jobs in ads placed by Penmac Staffing, Marathon Staffing and PinPoint Staffing. PinPoint was the conduit for hiring of a Strategic Allied Consulting employee in Florida suspected of registration fraud.
is covering this story as well. (shameless plug: FourFreedoms got a mention! ) UPDATE 5:
Colin Small, the man arrested appears to have a Linkedin Profile:
It does not list PinPoint as an employer. Instead it lists the following:
Grassroots Field Director
Republican National Committee
Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Political Organization industry
August 2012 – Present (3 months) Virginia
Manage a team of 15-20 grassroots canvassers, conducting voter registration drives, staffing political rallies, organizing Get Out the Vote Efforts.
U.S. House of Representatives
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Legislative Office industry
September 2011 – December 2011 (4 months) The Hon. Mike Kelly
- Researched issues, policies and bills pertinent to the office. Prepared research regarding the U.S., Columbia Free Trade Agreement which aided the Congressman in his decision to support the agreement.
- Attended briefings for four staff members and composed concise reports on the content of the briefings, often bringing in outside information and personal insight where appropriate.
- Handled office duties such as answering phones (approx. 120 per day), receiving and distributing mail, emails, faxes, etc.
- Maintained constituent contact information on IQ Database and wrote constituent letters on a variety of topics.
- Served constituents’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.