It's been one week since Nancy Pelosi announced that the U.S. House of Representatives was starting an impeachment investigation. Over the past 7 days, things have gone completely nuts.
THAT ALL HAPPENED ON WEDNESDAY!
- Almost immediately, the Senate voted UNANOMOUSLY that the full whistle-blower complaint should be turned over to Congress.
- Next came the news that Ghoulianni had pressured Ukraine numerous times to help with tRump's campaign.
- tRump, Ghouliani, and a handful of Republican diehards (Graham, McCarthy) kept trying to red herring the story by deflecting towards Biden.
- The transcript of the call was released. It confirmed that tRump committed a crime. They thought this would help their case?
- More analysis showed that besides tRump, Pence, Barr, and Mulvaney were also implicated.
- tRump, Ghouliani, and a handful of Republican die-hards (Graham, McCarthy) now switched to gaslighting, saying that tRump never pressured Ukraine
- The White House accidentally sent it's talking points to the Dems, then tried to recall the email. Oops.
- Acting DNI chief Joe McQuire threatened to resign if he couldn't speak freely before Congress.
- The whistleblower complaint was declassified.
- The whistle-blower complaint was released. It aligned with the official White House transcript, and provided even more details
- Acting DNI chief Joe McQuire testified before Congress. He wasn't exactly as forthcoming as he claimed he would be the day before.
- During that hearing, Republicans tried to hammer on the "2nd hand information" aspect of the whistle-blower complaint, ignoring the fact that it matched up with the call transcript.
- Rudy Ghouliani seems to be melting down. He was screaming on CNN claiming he would be the hero. He's the pResident's lawyer?
- tRump pushes Pence further under the bus
- FOX News starts to balkanize, with some news hosts ready to cut tRump loose, and others still drinking his toilet water
- It became more clear that the tRump administration knew they did wrong, because they hid the transcript on a high-security server, adding (more) obstruction to their list of crimes.
- As we move into Friday, the House committee subpoenaed SoS Pompeo, demanding he produce a set of documents.
- In a grand display of tone-deafness, it's revealed that Ghouliani would be making a paid appearance at a Kremlin-backed conference (he quickly cancelled).
- Over the weekend, tRump had a bad case of Twitter diahrrea. He makes not-so-veiled threats to the whistleblower.
- Rudy Ghouliani was subpoenaed by the House committee,
- tRump announced he was trying to "hunt down" the whistle-blower.
- It was discovered that tRump also pressured Australia to help Barr investigate the Mueller investigation's origins.
- It was also revealed that Pompeo was on the call with tRump and Ukraine.
- While under subpoena, SoS Pompeo flew off to Italy (with Gorka in tow), and - coincidentally - Barr was there too. This does NOT look good for any of them.
As a final punctuation to all of this (for the past 7 days), the State Department Inspector General (which operates independently of the rest of the department), requested an "urgent" briefing on Capitol Hill
. Considering Pompeo being under investigation (and out of the country), it seems to me that he's trying to convey information to the committee before it disappears down a black hole.
Anything I missed? Let me know in the comments.